Instructions for rapid, comfortable healing following your extraction visit:
- For today only: no straws
- Bite down on gauze for 10-15 minutes (do NOT chew or suck)
- Avoid rigorous exercise for the first 24 hours
- Avoid spicy foods and extremes of hot or cold for 24 hours
- Keep the area clean (for the first day, do not rinse vigorously, instead, swab the area with moist gauze.
Some possible problems and solutions:
- If you notice bleeding, stop any vigorous movement and sit down quietly. Place folded gauze on the site and bite down, applying pressure for 15-20 minutes; repeat if necessary.
- If you have any discomfort take anything you would normally take for a headache, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
- During sleep some pink drooling may occur, so to avoid staining your pillows, you may want to place a small towel on your pillow.
- If there are any questions or problems, please feel free to call our office.